Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Just spoken with the Premier’s Appeal. We are now approved to raise funds on their behalf and don't need to have Office of Fair Trading Sanction. There are some rules:
We’re NOT allowed to use the Premier’s Disaster Relief Appeal logo (that’s a biggie)
100% of proceeds are to go to the Appeal.
All events have to be completed and money sent in by end of March.
If anyone makes a cash donation and wants a receipt for tax purposes I need to know their name, address and phone number. I log the donation and the Appeal will send out a receipt.
A tax receipt cannot be issued for money given where something is received in return – eg payment for class, door charge etc.
We are registered as of NOW (2.30pm 20/1/11) and can go ahead with fund raising. They will mail me an Approval Number and other documentation, but as they are short staffed from the flood it might take a little while. Once received I'll pass on anything that pertinant.

Other things to be aware of - we are NOT allowed to use the Premier's Disaster Relief Appeal logo on ANYTHING. I will have an Appeal poster emailed to me and you can use this in conjunction with Corrosie's poster and any personal advertising. They are also going to send me a label that can be used on collection tins.

We're officially rolling Ladies and Gents!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment